Transportation Schedules and Fees
Home leaves are extra long weekends planned to allow students to go home every four to five weeks throughout the school year. Dorms are closed during home leaves and all students are expected to leave campus during all scheduled home leeaves and vacations. However, in the rare occurrences when your student cannot go home, we have a limited number of families local to Milo whith whom we are willing to place your student at a rate of $20 per day which must be prepaid. Transportation expenses are your responsibility.
Home Leave Bus Schedule
Milo Adventist Academy provides home leave bus transportation between Milo and Portland, Oregon. Fees for bus transportation are based on a round trip. One way is half the price of a round trip. Cancellations are 50% refundable. Students must sign up 48 hours in advance to be assured a seat. The times on the following schedule are approximate, and the locations are subject to change.
|Homeleave Bus to Eugene, Albany, Salem, Portland|
|Destination||Leave Milo||North Bound Arrival||South Bound Departure||Arrive Milo||Pre-paid||Billed*|
|Eugene Exit 195 Gateway McDonald's
Albany Exit 234
K-Mart Parking Lot
|Salem Market St. Exit 256
Pietro's Pizza South Lot
|Portland I 205, Exit 11 Central Plaza
|Home Leave Transportation to Medford and Grants Pass|
Crater Lake Hwy
* Billing for home leave bus transportation is available only with permission from the V.P. for Finance.
If special transporation must be arranged by Milo outside of the scheduled times for the locations stated above, because of the resources needed to be allocated for a special pick-up, Milo will add a surcharge of $100 one-way in addition to the costs stated above to your student's account.
If you arrange your own transporatation for your student, they are still required to be back on campus by 9 P.M. the day before classes resume.
* NOTE: before making airline travel arrangements—
- To be transported to an airport and then picked up from the airport at a later date constitutes two trips. A travel discount may be possible if the trip can be made in conjunction with the regularly scheduled home leave bus.
- Transportation to Portland is provided only when a staff member is available to drive. The 500-mile round trip takes approximately nine hours. Please do your best to schedule any flights into Medford rather than Portland.
- Medford Airport Departure/Arrival Dates
- Fall Semester 2016
- Date of Arrival: August 14 between 10:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M.
- Christmas Break 2016
- Date of Departure: December 18 between 10:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M.
Date of Arrival: January 4 between 12:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M.
- Spring Break 2017
- Date of Departure: March 9 between 3:00 P.M. and 9:00 P.M.
Date of Arrival: March 26 between 12:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M.
- Beginning of Summer Vacation 2017
- Dates of Departure between 6:00 P.M. and 9:00 P.M.: Juniors/seniors—May 28, Freshmen/sophomores May 25
Approximate charges based on mileage at $.42/mile. Contact the Administrative secretary to make transportation arrangements.