It is the purpose of the Milo Acdemy Operating Board to keep the school charges a low as is consistent with good business management. Owing to the uncertainty of economic conditions, the board reserves the right to revise the published rates without notice. For current year financial information see the 2012-2013 Financial Supplement(433.8 KB).
Milo Adventist Academy is committed to helping teenagers meet the financial obligations of Christian education. While some families have the financial resources to pay their students bills in cash, many others need to take advantage of other means to meet their obligations. Sources of revenue fall into three categories: cash, earnings from the student's
work program, and
Discount plans are also available to some students.
All parents/guardians must develop a Financial Plan with the business manager.
Tuition fees are payable in U.S. dollars. Milo accepts payments made with all credit and debit cards as well as bank transfers. To make a credit card payment, please FAX your credit card information on the
Milo credit card authorization(106.2 KB). Please mark FAX attention: Mr. Jason Bibb at 541-825-3723. To make a bank transfer, please email a request for a bank transfer to the
|Financial Information for 2012–2013|
|Entrance Fee (Grades 9–11)
|| $ 600
|Total (Grades 9–11)
|Senior Entrance Fee
|| $ 625
|Total (Grade 12)
*A constituent is a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church (student, parent,or guardian). The Adventist Church System strongly supports Christian education and subsidizes Milo Academy with funds received from its members.
Cafeteria Charges (Board) Dormitory students are charged a flat rate for food service. They are encouraged to come to all meals, as there is no refund for missed meals.
Fees Due at Registration
|Fees Due at Registration
|First of ten monthly payments
|Room key deposit*
|Total Due at Registration for grades 9-11
||US $ 23,280.
||Senior Entrance Fee
||US $ 625.
||Total Due at Registration for Seniors
||US $ 23,305.
*Room key deposit A $60 security deposit is charged to each dorm student when the room assignment is made and the key is provided. This deposit is refundable if the room is left in good condition and all keys are returned.
Statements are mailed on or about the fifth of each month. Payment is due by the twenty-fifth of each month to avoid late fees. All checks, drafts, or money orders should be made payable to Milo Adventist Academy in US funds and sent directly to the school. These charges, divided into ten equal billings, will show on your statements as listed in this table.
Entrance fees are non-refundable and cover the following items:
- Boys'/Girls' Club
- Class Dues
- Counseling/some testing
- Intramural Fee
- Registration Fee
- School Paper
- Student Association
- Student Accident Insurance
Cash items and items not included in the Entrance Fee
The following are items that may not be charged to student accounts:
- Application Fee
- A one-time nonrefundable fee of $25 is required to process a first-time application for Milo Academy.
- A.P. or standardized tests
- Students who register for Advanced Placement classes are required to take the exam for that class. The fee for the exam must be paid in cash by the end of March.
- Choir and other group outfits
- Class, club, and SA shirts
- Graduation expenses
- Home leave bus fee
- Check the Home Leave Bus Schedule to see times, stops, and rates for a student to ride the home leave bus.
- Doctor's office visit co-pays
- Replacement room key
- School Pictures
- All students will be photographed free of charge for the yearbook, student ID cards, and file photos. Those who wish to purchase pictures will make prepayment to the photographer, not to the school, on the day when pictures are taken. Please have checks or cash ready on picture day. Pictures may not be charged to the school bill.
- Student Bank
- Students may keep cash in a student bank account for cash expenses as they arise. Students are not allowed to make cash withdrawals against their student accounts except in an emergency. In that case, parental authorization must be on file and the student's account must be current, or no cash will be advanced.
- Students who need transportation off campus may check the rates and make arrangements with the administrative secretary.
- Varsity Fees
- Students who participate in varsity sports are required to pay a fee to cover extra expenses of the program. This fee must be paid in cash at the business office prior to the beginning of the season and may not be applied to the school bill.
- 1st sport: $150.00
- 2nd sport: $125.00
- 3rd sport: $100.00
- Vehicle Permit
- Students must obtain a permit for the privilege of parking a vehicle on campus. Register the vehicle within 48 hours of arrival on campus according to the conditions outlined in the Vehicle Policy section of this handbook. An annual nonrefundable fee of $15 is required for this vehicle permit.
- Textbooks and Supplies
- Textbooks, workbooks, lab fees, etc. will be charged on the statement. Textbooks which will be used again may be sold back to the school for half of the purchase price if in good condition.
- The first transcript issued after graduation is free. The fee for additional transcripts is $10 each. No transcripts can be issued for students who have an unpaid bill.
Milo Refund Policy
Students who enter late or are absent for a time, but who make up back work and receive credit will be charged full tuition. A student entering school at an irregular time will be charged from the beginning of the week in which he/she enters. A student leaving school at an irregular time will be charged through the close of the week in which he/she leaves. No rebates are made for vacations.
What does Student Accident Insurance cover?
Milo provides a secondary accident insurance policy for all enrolled students. Complete information, including coverage and exclusions, will be sent upon request. It is the student's responsibility to report any accident to the business office within 24 hours. For further information "Accident Policy" on page 43 of the Milo Handbook(1.2 MB).
May I contact someone directly with my financial questions?
Yes! Please e-mail or call , Business Manager, with questions you may have about Milo financial policies.